The optimization and automation of processes in the food industry is growing exponentially, and the pork industry is no exception. The value chain of this sector is highly complex due to the different actors involved: livestock farms, transporters, slaughterhouses, slaughterhouses, processing plants and distribution. For this reason, production control must be thorough in order not to make mistakes at any point in the chain. Different stages of the value chain will be addressed: disposal rooms (process and operations), distribution and transport (internal and external logistics).
In a more detailed way and entering fully into the processes of the processing industry, in this case the disposal room, the control and management systems of meat traceability are essential to identify and know the origin of the material premium, either by lot or by supplier. It is also very interesting to know the packaging and the container in which the meat is placed. Therefore, knowing the Kg of raw material entering and leaving the facilities will be of particular importance for the optimization of the process. In the logistics phase, which is one of the processes with the greatest impact in the meat industry, it is vitally important to control the cold chain throughout the entire process. And so at every point in the value chain.
For this reason, this project is presented with the aim of investigating new techniques to increase the control of foreign bodies in the disposal room and maintain traceability from the disposal room to the final consumer (internal and external transport). There will also be an impact on the optimization of logistics routes. The solution will make it possible to optimize the production process and optimize the distribution of the producers themselves, reducing errors of human origin.
The main objective of the project is to guarantee the correct traceability of meat products from the moment they are destroyed, to the final consumer.
Indirectly, the following sub-objectives are expected to be achieved:
• Automate the point where the operators have been working until now.
• Ensure that, on the surface of the boxes, there is no visible foreign body (plastics, gloves, etc.).
• Significantly reduce the environmental impact derived from the consumption of hydrocarbons, which will mean an increase in society's quality of life.
• Accelerate digitization in the meat sector, boosting competitiveness at national and international level.
• Increase knowledge in enabling technologies 4.0.
• Change in the organization of current processes
• Improvement in the planning and allocation of resources
• Availability of historical and real-time data to design routes.
• Cost reduction thanks to improved traceability and the detection of foreign bodies.
Matadero Frigorifico de Aviño SA
Catalana de Embutidos SA
Nevitec Vision Technologies SL
CT Ingenieros de Catalunya, A.A.I SL
CIAC - Automotive Industry Cluster of Catalonia
Budget all considered